I was tagged by Neda!
1. If you owned a bookstore, what would you name it?
The bookstore would definitely have my art on the walls. I can’t think of anything catchy though.
2. Which literary hero (male or female) would you like to be?
At the moment, it is Lord Byron’s Manfred.
“Think'st thou existence doth depend on time?
It doth; … actions are our epochs”
3. If you were given the chance to be born in a different decade, which one would you choose?
I would want to be alive at the time Michelangelo was painting the Sistine chapel. I would also like to have met Sor Juana de la Cruz. She is my heroine for life.
4. Who would play you in a movie?
Someone who is as beautiful as Salma Hayek and as talented as Meryl Streep.
5. What was your favorite toy of all of times?
It would have to be the tall evergreen tree that was taller than our house where we lived when I was between 3 and 7 years old. The tree branches reached all the way to the ground. Inside the tree was tent-like and made for a perfect hide-away. One summer, when I was 5 or 6, I decided to climb the evergreen, as high up as I could. I got almost to the top and was admiring the view, when the very thin branch I was sitting on broke. The next two branches broke as well. The third one finally held me. I had luckily stayed in a sitting position so I wasn't hurt ... just pretty scared. I didn't tell my Mother, and I never stopped climbing trees or looking for the next adventure. I just learned that actions have consequences for better or worse and sometimes both.
6. What do you like to collect?
I love to collect rice paper, pens and recently fabric. I am still thinking what to do with all the fabric I have collected.
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
I know how important it is to start your day with a healthy breakfast. My husband has oatmeal every morning with a glass of vegetable juice and a cup of coffee. That just doesn’t appeal to me. I love to have something sweet with my coffee. I don’t have an appetite for anything else. So I usually have a pastry, cake or a cookie with my coffee. That is my guilty pleasure because I know these dishes are high calorie, high cholesterol, and have no nutritious value whatsoever.
8. If you had the power the change one thing in this world, what would that be?
I think I would make it possible for people to experience the world from someone else’s perspective (human or animal) for one day at least once a year.
9. What is the worst book/movie you have ever read/seen?
I am not a Stephen King fan, and I have unfortunately seen three of his movies. The first one I walked out of. Why didn’t I learn from that experience? I think I am finally convinced to never see or read anything by him
10. What is the worst kind of music, in your opinion?
I think I give most music a chance. What I hate is music that doesn’t allow me to hibernate in my own thoughts. For that reason, songs that I dislike range from rock to classical.
11. What's the only food you will not eat?
Food that smells strange or looks strange. I will never eat Sea Urchin, Shiokara (squid guts), Natto (fermented beans that smell like ammonia), Oysters or Salmon Roe.
12. Tell us 3 things about yourself (2 of them true, and 1 untrue) and let's see if we can figure out which of these is fantasy.
My honeymoon was in Japan.
My husband and I got married without rings and bought our platinum wedding rings in Sapporo, Japan for our 10th wedding anniversary.We will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary on December 1st.