Custom Search

May 22, 2008

Sale and Preparing an Artist Portfolio

Gallery Juana Etsy shop .

Have you heard of ACEO's? ACEO stands for 'Art Cards, Editions and Originals'. They are small artworks. The only rule is that they measure 3.5 x 2.5 inches. They are small, affordable examples of an artists' work.

I started doing small art pieces at the end of 2007. ACEO's are a great way to start or add to an art collection. Their size make them perfect to display just about anywhere.

My latest small aceo is my interpretation of Eternity. I have been wanting to work on my own Enso. What is Enso? Summed up by Wikipedia: "... a Japanese word meaning "circle" and a concept strongly associated with Zen. Ensō is perhaps the most common subject of Japanese calligraphy, symbolizing enlightenment, strength, elegance, the universe, and the void; it is also an expression of the moment."

Meaning of the Kanji: Autumn wind (upper left), Night (lower left) and Bright (inner circle).

Portfolio Review:

Since moving to Japan, I haven't had an exhibition. I hope to have a solo exhibition in August at a non-profit gallery in Sendai. I sent in my submission a week and a half ago. On Tuesday, I made it my goal to move forward with the exhibition. I called the gallery and left a message. I got a call back in the late afternoon and will meet with the curator for a portfolio review. Yikes! I am in dire need of updating my Artist Portfolio. So, Google to the rescue and I found some very useful links to help me up-date my Artist Portfolio. I am so excited. Lots to plan and prepare.

Artist Portfolio Guidelines

How to Create a Portfolio

Preparing Your Portfolio for College Admissions

7 comments:

David Lubetsky said...

unique!

Aimee Dars said...

Very nice! ACEOs are so amazing--it's great to have such wonderful work accessible to those with modest budgets.

Mary said...

Wonderful news about you solo show and I love the painting of the circle.

Neda said...

Not only are you a great artist but also a very generous one (in many ways).. Very sweet ..and thanks for the portfolio links.

Best of luck in your projects!

Chris Stone said...

good luck with the portfolio review! I like the Enso piece.

Sandra Evertson said...

One word, Beautiful!
Sandra Evertson

Gallery Juana said...

Thanks everyone for your good luck wishes and compliments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails