Skip to main content

Shadow Shot Sunday of my Siamese cat and Summer Vacation

I am posting a bit early this time. I leave from Japan for the States tomorrow for my 11 day vacation at my Mom's house. Hurray! I am looking forward to being home. It will be a long day. I take the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Tokyo, then the Narita Express train to Narita Airport. I transfer from the International flight to Domestic in California. In total, I will spend 20 hours travelling to get to my destination.

About three years ago, I brought my siamese cat, Sputnik, to Japan from Mexico. My m-i-l had been caring for her in Mexico. When we realised we would be in Japan for longer than a year, I decided to bring Sputnik over. After 3 months of planning the logistics and working with 3 different country's and airline's animal policies, I got her safely to her new home in Japan. Korean Air allowed me to take her on board as a carry-on, so I was relieved to have her sitting next to me the entire trip. Otherwise, I would have been wondering if she had been put on the plane or how she was doing. She was quiet the entire trip.

Autumn has already begun in Northern Japan. During this season, Sputnik likes to sleep by the window between the curtains.

Sputnik 03_21_2008

See more Shadow Shot Sundays at Hey Harriet's Blog.

Comments

Beautiful picture..Have a safe and happy trip home..
Chris Stone said…
your shadow shots are beautiful! they would make a great show also. have fun on your trip home!
Hey Harriet said…
This is a stunning photo. At first glance it looked like a painting! Another truly beautiful shadow shot from you! Love it! Hope you have a fun & safe trip :)
A Wild Thing said…
What a worthy name for a Siamese, yet she doesn't really have that mischievous, aloof look of the breed...lucky you, what a sweet face and fun shot.

sharon
SandraRee said…
Harriet said the right word, stunning! What a beautiful picture!
Have a safe trip!
Anonymous said…
this is lovely Sputnik is just beautiful, i can't believe they let you take her as carry on luggage, how lucky to have her with you and she was so well behaved. Enjoy your holiday. :0)
Ali said…
That is a great shadow shot! I love the drapes of the curtain!
Gemma Wiseman said…
Such beautiful tones in this! I love how you captured that peeking look on the cat's face!
Anonymous said…
Hi! Came over from the etsy forums and just thought I'd say hello. What a beautiful cat!
dianasfaria.com said…
she is so pretty. lovely photo.
what a beautiful cat, I love Siamese. And cool I never knew airlines allowed pets as carry ons! Oh yes will you like to trade links as well?

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .

Married Shadows

My husband and I haven't had a T.V. for the last 15 years, maybe more, so we often go to see movies at the Cinema. The last couple of ones that I've enjoyed have been Transformers II and Terminator IV. Two more of my favorites are Slumdog Millionare and Milk. These latter two were well done movies from all angles (acting, script, cinematography). This is us after an afternoon at the movies and eating out. We had just come from Starbucks and were heading to the train station. For more shadow shots and to learn how to join this Meme, please visit Hey Harriet's blog .