Custom Search

Dec 5, 2008

IF - Similar

I had avoided drawing and painting the female figure for the longest time. I had been having trouble finding the right expression. My move toward the nude female figure started with drawing pears. From there, I moved on to drawing the female figure.



Bodies come in all shapes. We are led to believe, in one way or another, through media or peer pressure, that we should all look similar. In drawing the female figure, I have learned that beauty comes in all forms.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Tortuous interpretation of the them, but I love your use of colour!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great job you did..Love the end result..

Dot said...

that's really striking. great color too!

Lemon Shortbread said...

such a beautiful painting! I love the merging of the colours and the texture it gives, great job!

INDIGENE said...

Beautiful colors, textures and concept!

http://indigeneart.com

fly tie said...

ahhh,,the diversity of the female figure. i teach this in a styling class that i conduct each summer. i let the girls (teenagers) know that we come in all shapes and encourage them to embrace their figures...or what they may develop into.

great painting. the colors are superb.

Related Posts with Thumbnails