Dec 19, 2008

Illustration Friday - Voices

Coming out of Chaos

This is a reproduction print on canvas of my original collage on canvas board titled "Coming out of Chaos".

About the original: The center features a portrait done on washi (rice paper). For the background. I tore up other watercolor portraits on rice paper into small pieces. These pieces formed the collage for the background.

This week's IF topic is Voices. When I read my own writing, I hear my own voice. If it is a novel, I sometimes hear a different voice. In my dreams, voices can be in different languages (English, Spanish or Japanese).

Visit Illustration Friday, to see more interpretations of this topic and for more information on how to join.

10 comments:

indigene said...

Amazing colors, design and feeling!

Juan said...

Wonderful!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

It really just takes my breathe away!!! This is wonderful and full of life. Excellent!!!

ded said...

The colours are phenomenal. Striking work!

Mary said...

Marvelous work! I'm stunned at the enticing colors and gorgeous collage bits. Hard to look away from it!

Gallery Juana said...

Thank you for the lovely comments.

Jesse Mendez said...

Great work. I like the colors you used, and your art product is mesmerizing with such detail.

take care my friend

Jesse Mendez said...

Hi there how are you?

I just wanted to stop by and say hello and so hello...LOL I also have something for you at my blog, so when you are ready click here and pick up your award. I am very grateful for your friendship on my blog and yours. Jesse Noe

Sara said...

Brave illo.

Chris Stone said...

love the collage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails