Skip to main content

Terrarium and Sendai Night View

This week's Thursday tweet is about making your own terrarium. I have no high shelf to put house plants, and my cat won't leave them alone otherwise, so I thought I could have a little green in my studio this way. I learned how to build a terrarium at e-how. The photo below is my second attempt at using the camera on manual and was edited with IrfanView. Of course, I have forgotten what aperture and speed I used!

I have had my Canon G9 digital camera for just over a year. And just this week, I started using the manual settings on it. I have my husband to credit for my sudden urge to finally start exploring the manual settings. On our long walk last Tuesday, he suggested taking a night photo of the traffic. He gave me a general idea of what I needed to do and I was hooked. Wow, the possibilities! So the photo below is my first attempt at using the camera on manual and was edited with IrfanView. The T.V. tower in the background changes color based on tomorrow's forecast. It was white meaning it would be sunny the next day.... sunny and with possiblilities!

sendai night traffic

Comments

Marlene said…
Thank you for the info on the terrarium. Your night photo is awesome!
Unknown said…
both photos are really nice. i love the concept of the tv tower.

the terrarium's a great idea. all the layers look pretty, plus a little greenery is always a plus!
readingsully2 said…
Love terrariums...very interesting. Love your night shot too with your manual settings.
Hey Harriet said…
Whoa! This is an amazing photo! Yay for experimenting with manual settings. Can't wait to see more!
Chris Stone said…
great picture. i was wanting to take a night photo tonite... the streetlight filtered in through my lace curtains beautifully. but i think the shot is way beyond the abilities of my cheapo camera!

love the idea of a tower changing color based on the forecast.

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .

Married Shadows

My husband and I haven't had a T.V. for the last 15 years, maybe more, so we often go to see movies at the Cinema. The last couple of ones that I've enjoyed have been Transformers II and Terminator IV. Two more of my favorites are Slumdog Millionare and Milk. These latter two were well done movies from all angles (acting, script, cinematography). This is us after an afternoon at the movies and eating out. We had just come from Starbucks and were heading to the train station. For more shadow shots and to learn how to join this Meme, please visit Hey Harriet's blog .