Skip to main content

Panaroramic View from a Sky Scraper

SS30 panorama view of the Sky

This is the view from 30 floors up. It had been a windy day, so the air was clear and the sky was blue! The blue line between the land and sky is the ocean in the distance. I really don't like being this high up in a building because of all the earthquakes we have here. So this visit at 30 floors high was both beautiful and nerve-racking. I stayed just long enough to take photos and sigh pensively once or twice at the spectacular scenery.

Have you heard about Taipei 101? It's the tallest skyscraper in Taipei, Taiwan. An elevator travels 60 kph (37 mph) to take you to the inside observation deck on the 89th floor. Take the stairs to get to the outside one on the 91st floor. Taipei 101 has a steel pendulum suspended inside the tower to offset the movement caused by strong gusts of wind. It takes window cleaners 3 months to clean the outside of that building. Can you imagine doing that job at that height? For more info, Discovery video on youtube and building specs on Wikipedia. If I ever visit that city, I might have to experience the thrill and anxiety of being that high up in a building!

For more looking at the sky on Friday photos, visit Crazy Working Mom's blog.

Comments

Tulip said…
beautiful sunny blue sky and the scenic view of the 89th floor building. great captured. happy weekend.
mimi said…
awesome view. happy weekend.
Misty DawnS said…
WOW!!! What a view!
Dianne said…
thanks for taking the moment to get the shot :)
it's beautiful
Kathleen said…
Wow! I don't think I have ever been in a building that is 30 stories tall! Lovely view =)
readingsully2 said…
That is a lovely view. Great job.
Unknown said…
i'm not fond of being up so high either, but this view is amazing.

a 37 mph elevator?? wow.
The New York City of Asia, one of the richest, most advanced and modern city in the world, with a beautiful skyline, breathtaking at night, especially the bund area(with British influenced architecture).

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .

Married Shadows

My husband and I haven't had a T.V. for the last 15 years, maybe more, so we often go to see movies at the Cinema. The last couple of ones that I've enjoyed have been Transformers II and Terminator IV. Two more of my favorites are Slumdog Millionare and Milk. These latter two were well done movies from all angles (acting, script, cinematography). This is us after an afternoon at the movies and eating out. We had just come from Starbucks and were heading to the train station. For more shadow shots and to learn how to join this Meme, please visit Hey Harriet's blog .