Custom Search

May 14, 2009

Honest Scrap


I am sending a big Thank you to Zendotstudio for nominating me for the Honest Scrap award. Her blog is inspiring to read and always gives me a new perspective to consider. Now it's my turn to nominate 7 blogs and explain why I like them, then confess 10 honest things about myself. If you would like to join, just do the same on your blog: name 7 blogs you find brilliant and tell 10 honest things about yourself.
Six Blogs


What's It All About: Her stories are always thought-provoking and she always features great music videos.

The Poetic Artist: I am inspired by the stories she shares and by her art.

Marlene's Musings: I enjoy reading her "Old Masters" posts. I feel as though I have spent an afternoon at the museum.

ArtPlus: Her Iris Folded cards are amazing!

RhubarbWhine: I discovered her blog through last Monday's haiku festival. I have enjoyed reading her stories and musings on life.

Sandra Evertson: Her blog is always a feast for the eyes and soul.


Ten Honest things about myself:

  1. I have gotten into the bad habit of going to bed at 3:00 a.m.
  2. I'm usually doing my art in the afternoon or after midnight.
  3. I only use handmade soap that I buy on Etsy.
  4. My favorite scents are rose, geranium, patchouli and rosemary.
  5. I am trying to declutter my studio and house.
  6. I recently threw out written journals from as far back as 2002.
  7. I run to work everyday because I never get out of the house on time.
  8. I love green tea in the afternoon or evening.
  9. I wear running shoes wherever I go.
  10. I start every morning with a cup of coffee and something sweet.

9 comments:

readingsully2 said...

Thank so much for selecting my blog as one of your favorites. That means so much to me. :)

readingsully2 said...

Oh, and I will visit all you have selected here and I am honored to accept your award. I will do the same in the next couple of days as I will be out of town tonight and tomorrow. Thanks again.:)

fly tie said...

thanks for the award and the kind words about my blog. :-)

and i *will* be posting 10 things about myself, cause it'll give me something to talk about on my new post coming later today. otherwise it would have just been a picture and a video!

i really like patchouli and rosemary scents as well.

Marlene said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog, I will do the same and check out all your favorites tomorrow, we are on our way out tonight. I think it will be fun to list the blogs and the truths.

Tracy said...

A very fun post, Juana! Thanks for some great links...and truths about yourself. Fun to find you through the haiku festival! Happy weekend :o)

Poetic Artist said...

Thank you so much for selecting my blog as a favorite..I am honored.
I will try to tell 10 things about my self..
Thank you,
Katelen

Chris Stone said...

3 a.m.? you're worse than I! i've never been able to reconcile liking 8 hrs of sleep with staying up until midnight or one.

you're blog's looking great! i'll check out those others too...

Kathleen said...

Lovely new look to your blog, Juana - fun to know more about you! Looking forward to visiting you favorite blogs =) They sound delightful!

rhubarbwhine said...

Oh - thanks for the mention! I am glad I found you via the Haiku festival, and have had a wonderful time reading through your web site. Thank you for the award, how lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails