Custom Search

Apr 10, 2010

Painted Bird shadows

The other day a woman and her son knocked on my door to see if I'd like to buy any of their items.  I had been wanting a tortilla warmer so I bought that.  It's like a tupperware with lid but woven.  Once you've heated your tortillas you pop them in there wrapped in a cloth and they stay warm.

She also had this adorable painted bird which has a magnet on the bottom.  It's about 3cm long by 2cm high (about an inch).

So in true Mum and the Rose fashion, I took my little birdie around the house to find some evening sunlight for this photo.


This shadow meme is hosted by HeyHarriet.blogspot.com

15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Fun shadow shot for the day! And very colorful! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sylvia

Sweet Repose said...

I can just see you running around the house with the little bird...too funny and yum, warm tortillas!

Marlene said...

Fun item, great shadow shot.

Laura Hegfield said...

:)

wanderlust said...

Cute!

Hey Harriet said...

Your "Mum and the Rose" inspired shot is really cute!

A tortilla warmer? I've never heard of, or seen such a thing. But the mention of tortillas has me rather hungry now! Have a great week and eat a tortilla (or two) for me :)

BLOGitse said...

Cute little bird...
Never heard of tortilla warmer - we heat them in micro...

Happy SSS greetings from Casablanca, Morocco!

BLOGitsePHOTOS

Sarah said...

That is a lovely bright little bird shadow shot!

Manang Kim said...

What a lovely site, I like the birds color. Happy Sunday!

SSS-Curved shadow

Bridget said...

such a happy little bird...you're lucky to have it to cheer you up on a gloomy day

Rosebud Collection said...

I busted out laughing when I read about Mum and Rose..I know I cheat all the time. Hey, you did real good..the shadow is adorable.
The bird is so pretty..xoxoRosebud.

Gallery Juana said...

Rosebud, I'm glad you got a kick out of that. I really enjoyed when you did that.

Dorte said...

What a cute little bird. A tortilla warmer, that sounds practical. Never seen one :)

Kathleen said...

Love your little birdie =) Great colors!

readingsully2 said...

Great Shadow Shot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails