Custom Search

Sep 16, 2010

Live Model Drawing

Joy nude female figure drawing by Juana Almaguer
Joy, pencil on paper

Last Saturday I headed over to the City Arts Gallery for their Saturday with Models drawing sessions.  The adventure started with running to catch the City bus, then a 45 minute ride (including transfering buses), then another run to the gallery as I had gotten lost and was going to be late.  Phew!  I made it before everything got started.

We  began with 15 minute sketches and ended with 30 minutes sketches over the course of 4 hours.  I hope to make it there again.

I'll be doing a sumi ink and watercolor nude figure painting soon based on this drawing.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Looks great, I have done a bit of contour drawing and 15 minute sketches and it is fun and produces some wonderful work. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Gallery Juana said...

Thanks Marlene. I'm hoping to get the painting done today.

The 15 minute sketches were a challenge for me.

Arija said...

No matter how hard it is to get there, I envy you the opportunity. Your sketch is utterly delightful.

Eons ago at art school we sometimes started with 15 second sketches to warm up. It is a very liberating experience.

readingsully2 said...

Nice work, Juana.

Karen Turner said...

Yes, nice work indeed, and must have been a challenge to work so quickly. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails