Custom Search

Apr 7, 2011

cat portraits and pangur ban

black and white cat
sputnik

The other day my cat, Sputnik, was lying on the bed curled up for her nap.  As I was hovering around her with my camera, she looked up.   I turned the photo I got of her into a black and white stencil photo  and used it as a spring board for my latest cat portrait series,  Pangur Ban, on etsy.
Pangur Ban I on etsy

Pangur Ban is a poem written by an Irish Monk about his life with his cat.  The excerpt below is from a translation by Kuno Meyer at creighton.edu.



Pangur Ban - The Monk and His Cat
I and my white Pangur 
Have each his special art : 
His mind is set on hunting mice, 
Mine is upon my special craft.

8 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

What a very cool process - I'm looking forward to seeing more from this series...

xo
Kristin

Poetic Artist said...

I really like this..Sputnik is beautiful..I just enjoyed the entire post...What would we do with out our cats!!!
Take care,
Katelen

ZenDotStudio said...

now those 4 stencil shots just need a little colour to make Sputnik into an Andy Warhol!

Love the little cat poem. I am a cat person who is getting closer to having a cat again.

Tracy said...

Your stencils of Sputnik glow, Juana--such presence! Very sweet cat poem...That could be Charlie & me. ;o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Marlene said...

Love the stencils of Sputnik he is a great model. Loved the poem.

Lisa - Alterity Button Jewelry said...

Very cool idea...I love the images of Sputnik!

readingsully2 said...

Neat, Juana. You always have such creative ideas.

Hey Harriet said...

I very much like your cat portrait and look forward to seeing more from this series! Such a lovely poem also :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails