Custom Search

May 2, 2012

sunshine, 2 /52 photos project, perception

pier at friday harbor on san juan island
2/52, sunshine

Perception
- the ability to become aware of something through the senses
- the state of that awareness
- a way of interpreting something.

I know that my perception and my ability to perceive shape, possibly hinder, my experience and that my memory does not always match my actual experience. So I've spent the last two months trying to shed light on my perceptions, so that I could divide my experience from my memory.

The day was slightly grey with just enough sunlight for the water to divide the pier and it's reflections.


Joining the 52 Photos Project

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is fabulous. I love the greens.

Stampmouse said...

Wow this is awesome

Tracey said...

This image is so crisp and vibrant, I feel like I can almost touch the ripples in the water.

Tracy said...

GORGEOUS image, Juana...and your current mindful experience intriguing. It's strange, isn't it, how our memory might not necessarily correspond with actual experience. The mind--it really does have a life of its own sometimes. ;o) Lovely to catch up with you after being away for some days. ((HUGS))

Katie said...

Such a stunning image.

Gallery Juana said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!
Tracy, I'll have to catch up with you on your recent trip.

PrairieJill said...

Beautiful image!

michelle gd said...

this is a gorgeous image. i appreciate your written reflection as well...

Bonnie said...

Wow, incredible photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails