Custom Search

Jul 15, 2012

Sunday Sketches, wip cat

fat cat wip
wip collage


After being a vagabond for 6 weeks, I finally moved into my new apartment on Whidbey Island, Washington on July 5th. It feels good to have my own place again to think and create.

I've still got much to organize, but I have all the important items like an art table and chair and my most used art supplies.

The wip collage above is based on a chubby kitty pen sketch I did in 2009. I used ball point pen in the original sketch. For the wip collage, I used Sakura Micron pens to draw the black cat and then added watercolors to the cat and background. I used monoprinted tissue paper and Japanese book pages for the collage.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.


more sunday sketches here.

15 comments:

Catherine... said...

Congrats on your move...love the pussy cats...great to rework old favourites... :)

Christine said...

it's a beautiful piece already! Congrats on your move!

Lynn said...

I love my cat and I like your cat collage very very very much! Cheery. Happy moving, hope it all goes smoothly.

Molly said...

congrats on your move and glad to hear you're getting settled with all the important things.

(my brother was married on whidbey island many years ago-- such pretty inspiration you'll find there!)

Heather said...

congratulations on your very own place. i hope you are enjoying it...this is a lovely piece....

Natasha said...

I love seeing how you integrate old work into new work, and how that inspires new work. Stunning.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Glad you are getting settled ~ love your chubby cat ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Alexandra said...

I adore this painting and love your watercolour set. What kind is it? So glad to hear you're getting all settled in. Hugs :)

Tammie Lee said...

lovely to see your kitty ~

Erica Borodina said...

what a cat! just adorable )

Alicia C said...

whidbey island! beautiful - used to live in Tacoma so familiar with the area - lucky! Love the cat too! cat is nice and chubby & l;ove the coloured background fun!

Gallery Juana said...

Alexandra, the watercolors are the Japanese Cake Watercolor Set by Yasutomo. You can find them in most art supply stores and online.

Tracy said...

Welcome home, Juana! Hope you enjoy and thrive in your news space. And LOVE seeing your work in progress. Sweet kitty... aaawww... and LOVE those watercolors, they look almost good enough to eat. ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Mannika said...

first of all congrats for having ur own home!
and secondly congrats for ur re-created-cat collage because it is simply the most amazing little thing ever. :*

Zena said...

Love your art work. I´ve found you via "in the picture" challenge. Your blog is fantastic, I will follow you

Related Posts with Thumbnails