Skip to main content

aceo, beach rocks

beach rocks 2, collage drawing
beach rocks II aceo

Back in March, we took a ferry from Whidbey Island to another island and arrived at Port Townsend. We walked for miles and found many little surprises along the way. One of those were these stacked beach rocks which I blogged about in March.

This aceo art card, Beach Rocks II, is inspired from the photo I took. I used monoprinted papers for the background, pencil and conte crayon for the rocks, and lastly micron pen for the word "harmony".

I finished my zine this past week and have been taking breaks and trying to use my non-dominant hand more to let my drawing hand repair. Even my back and left arm wanted to join the aching muscles party. I was so focused on that project for several weeks that I didn't realise my body was breaking down from the repetitive actions of drawing and writing.

Has that ever happened to you? You get so wrapped up in a project and it's only until you have finished it that you feel how physically sore you are?

The bright side is that I feel a sense of harmony now.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll be out hiking today and will go blog hopping on Monday:)

joining sunday sketches.

Comments

carol l mckenna said…
Lovely rock ACEO ~ wonderful sketch and colors ~ (A Creative Harbor)
Tammie Lee said…
beautiful Harmony! The rocks, are shaded in a gorgeous way with wonderful coloring!

yes i have sat too long and found out after how sore i am!
Lessandra said…
I like your ACEO - very beautiful background colors!
I don't know what an ACEO is, but I love it. The vibrancy of the red/ orange background truly makes the opaque colored rocks pop. Blessings!
I really like this ACEO. Powerful and empowering. Great colours, too. :)
Tracy said…
GORGEOUS this aceo art card, Juana... I love the juicy, citrusy colors! Hooray--you've finished your zine! Oh, and I know what you mean about the pain...I create hard, and often am near collapse sometimes after an intense creative session! ;o) Lovely to catch up with you after a brief hiatus! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .

Blue-eyed Siamese Cat flies to Japan

Today was filled with my art and time with Sputnik. She was bathing herself which gave me the chance to catch a photo of her. I actually adopted Sputnik as a kitten in 1998 when I was living in Mexico. She made the long trip with me to Japan on July 25, 2004. It took me about 6 months to plan the logistics of bringing her from Mexico to Japan. Since I had to fly via the U.S. on Mexicana Airlines and Korean Airlines, that meant 4 countries and two airlines would need to approve her transport. There were many details to keep track of for each country and airline. After 6 months of stressful planning, 16 hours of two airline flights and layovers, She made it to Japan safely! Korean Air allowed her to fly with me as my carry-on luggage, which was a relief for me. No worrying about whether she was scared or left at the Los Angeles airport! I didn't give her any tranquilizer to sedate her. Yet, she was quiet the entire flight and went unnoticed by other passengers. I h