Skip to main content

cheetos and dr. pepper

cheetopillar
caterpillar on hiking trail

I came across this little guy on the way out for our hike. I nicknamed him "cheetopillar." In my younger days, I'd often grab a bag of cheetos and a Dr. Pepper for long road trips.

I remember one road trip from Mexico to Central California. Husband and I had flown from central Mexico to Tijuana, crossed on foot and then rented a truck to move some things from So Cal to Central Cal. As his driver's license had expired, I had to do all the driving which included driving at night through fog.

The superbowl was on that day and my husband was listening to the game on the radio. It was a really close game and we'd put off getting gas. With 15 minutes left to go, we pulled into a gas station. I offered to fill the truck up, but being the gentleman my husband is, he pays and fills the truck up with gas.

Game is now airing commercials, so he's going to get us some snacks. He went in to get my crunchy cheetos and Dr. Pepper and his snacks. Now I see him running to the truck empty-handed. "There's no Dr. Pepper for the fountain drinks," he says. I decide on cherry coke and he runs back in. He comes back with the cherry coke and soft, puffy cheetos. It'd been a long day and I knew I was being difficult, but I really wanted the crunchy ones. The game was still going but a time out had been called. So he runs back in to get my crunchy cheetos, and got back just as the game started up again. What a sweetheart!

september sunrise
September 27, 2012 sunrise over marina


Days are getting shorter and the air is crisp in the morning. Last few mornings have had a glorious sunrise.

joining 52 photos for orange.

Comments

Cathy H. said…
I love the little caterpillar and how he got his name!! What gorgeous fall colors he has! Oh, and that sunset is breathtaking!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment!! I've enjoyed scrolling through yours!!
Cheryl said…
What a gorgeous photo! You're so lucky you get to see things like that from the island. I love the caterpillar. Haven't seen one in ages. I love the story as well. Gotta love Cheetos!
Incredible photos, both of them. Love your "cheetopillar"! And the story! Did your husband's team win?
Tracy said…
OOOooo... the ORANGE today make the heart sing and the senses sizzle! Cheetopillar--love that. And gotta love husbands who go in for snacks not matter what. ;o) Happy Days, Juana ((HUGS))
Linda W. said…
Great shot of the little caterpillar. And I love your sunset shot too. Great photos!
Sandra said…
Now that's one hair "cheetopillar"! I love the gorgeous golden sunrise capture! So nice to visit you here!
Sandra
Bella Cirovic said…
Such a sweet story. I love the photos you linked up this week.
annie said…
Two beautiful orange photos! I loved the story that went along with them.
chuck-ct said…
i don't like hairy caterpillars. this good looking fellow has me thinking twice.

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .

Married Shadows

My husband and I haven't had a T.V. for the last 15 years, maybe more, so we often go to see movies at the Cinema. The last couple of ones that I've enjoyed have been Transformers II and Terminator IV. Two more of my favorites are Slumdog Millionare and Milk. These latter two were well done movies from all angles (acting, script, cinematography). This is us after an afternoon at the movies and eating out. We had just come from Starbucks and were heading to the train station. For more shadow shots and to learn how to join this Meme, please visit Hey Harriet's blog .