Custom Search

Mar 12, 2013

shedding some light

tree in fog and sunlight
tree, fog and sunlight

Recently, I took a long pause from doing any art or photography. I packed away all my art materials and left my camera sitting cold on the bare art table.

I could never be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
― Eleanor Roosevelt

sunrise march 15,2013
looking though lace curtains

I've been trying to look at what I can do and not what I can't do. With no drawing since Feb 19th, I finally picked up a pen and drew a simple sketch on March 6th. It was a slow start but I've returned to my art and photography. They are my tools: my compass and my backstaff.

I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.
― Eleanor Roosevelt
pinhole sunrise 2
looking through a hole in the blinds


And each new day brings choices and opportunities. Sometimes they are smaller and harder to see, but they are there.

joining light at 52 photos.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful light - love that high key first image. Great quotes too - and glad you've found time to create once more.

Marissa said...

Lovely light in all your photos. I especially like 'looking through lace curtains'.

Mary said...

These photos are lovely- and I love the quotes as well.

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful images! I think my favourite is the first one - love all that light!

Robin aka Gotham Girl said...

All are beautiful, but that first one really has so much feeling to it! Glad you picked up your camera again!

desertskyquilts said...

These are wonderful shots. I'm intrigued by the one through the lace curtains. The quotes are perfect for these shots.

Tracy said...

GLORIOUS images, Juana. And the quote pair perfectly... Just now surfacing after 2 weeks+ I've been down with flu & migraines--slowly mending. Fist chance I've had to post and visit friends. So great to catch up with you. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Bella said...

Sometimes a pause is just the thing we need.
These photos are truly stunning. Thank you for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails