Skip to main content

Art Business Inspiration and Cats

While having my morning cup of coffee, I found some links and articles that are good resources and inspiring stories for the Artist.


It started off with my visit to BlogHer's article on "10 Blogs to help you become and thrive as a Freelancer."  Have you heard of "The Boss of You" book by Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears?   Well, the article has a link to their blog.   Their blog led me to an interview with Lauren Bacon at Womanzworld.

I also checked my Facebook page and discovered this powerful and moving article about Tim Lowly's drawings.

sputnik glowing

While trying to enjoy my morning routine, my kitty was fussing the entire time.  She refused to sit on my lap as she usually does, and everything I tried to console her didn't work:  clean litter box, clean water, fresh dry food, fresh canned food, playing every 20 minutes, opening the curtain in the bedroom for her favorite sunning spot and on and on.

So what could it be?  It's been hot, so I have had the electric fan going on in my studio.  Well, that was the problem.  She didn't like it!  Turned off the fan and removed it and she's happy now sitting here with me at my desk.

Comments

Anya said…
Lovely photo :))))
Interesting post !!

Hugs Kareltje =^.^=
readingsully2 said…
LOL, they have a way of letting you know. I have one right now trying to get between me and my laptop. :)
Poetic Artist said…
I do not know how I have missed your last few posts...Your cat Sputnik is a beautiful cat and it is funny how cats are. Henry which is my cat everytime I get my laptop out. He has to try to lay right on my computer..Jealous..LOL.
Thanks for all the inspiration....
Katelen
Chris Stone said…
i'll check out those links later. great pic of your wonderful model. ;)
Tracy said…
Hi, Juana! Not good until the cat is happy, right?! ;o) I know the feeling... same with our Charlie, and as he grows older he gets more demanding--but he's still the sweetest fur-baby. So happy to see lovely Sputnik... Off to see about these links. Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
Marlene said…
Beautiful cat, great photo. Our pets are sometimes worse than having small children, kind of like every time you got on the phone the kids were yelling, "MOM".
GalleryJuana said…
I am really enjoying everyone's comments about their cats:)

Reading and Poetic, cat's have a thing with computers and laptops, don't they!

Tracy, my Sputnik maybe getting more demanding for the same reason that your Charlie is. And yes, they are our sweetest furbabies!
April said…
I find the entire cat story amusing, but the photo is beautiful ♥

Popular posts from this blog

bird watching and staying home for the summer

Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. fledgling House Finch  Chestnut- backed Chickadee Dark-Eyed Oregon Junco Usually summer means several bicycle-camping trips, but with COVID19 still around, we are staying home. In the meantime, I have been pretty productive with my 100 Self Portraits project. Watching the birds that come to the bird feeders has been my daily dose of joy. View my art blog here: https://www.juanaalmaguer.com I have my art works available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/galleryjuana

Blue-eyed Siamese Cat flies to Japan

Today was filled with my art and time with Sputnik. She was bathing herself which gave me the chance to catch a photo of her. I actually adopted Sputnik as a kitten in 1998 when I was living in Mexico. She made the long trip with me to Japan on July 25, 2004. It took me about 6 months to plan the logistics of bringing her from Mexico to Japan. Since I had to fly via the U.S. on Mexicana Airlines and Korean Airlines, that meant 4 countries and two airlines would need to approve her transport. There were many details to keep track of for each country and airline. After 6 months of stressful planning, 16 hours of two airline flights and layovers, She made it to Japan safely! Korean Air allowed her to fly with me as my carry-on luggage, which was a relief for me. No worrying about whether she was scared or left at the Los Angeles airport! I didn't give her any tranquilizer to sedate her. Yet, she was quiet the entire flight and went unnoticed by other passengers. I h

Cat Drawing, Sunday Sketches

Sputnik, February 05, 2011, pencil on paper While Sputnik was getting ready to curl up on her bed, I drew this quick sketch of her. To view more sketches, hop over to Sophia's blog .