Custom Search

Jun 25, 2011

Bay Bridge and shadows

I missed posting for weeks, but I am back.  June has been busy with visits from relatives and a weekend trip.  All good things!

view from our hotel room
My husband and I haven't taken a get-away weekend in years.  My sister took care of my cat while we headed up to San Francisco last weekend.  I loved our hotel room which was near the water and had a beautiful view of the bay bridge.

San Francisco Bay Bridge
pier with view of the bay bridge
On Sunday morning we got our coffee and took a walk down the pier across from our hotel.   The metal seats swivel for a 360 view.  Two fisherman were at the end of the pier with their rods set up.   We spent the day walking for almost 6 hours through the city.  I already want to go back!

For more shadow shots, visit heyharriet's blog.

9 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

what glorious photos of the bay bridge and the sky/water. you must have had the time of your life. doesn't it feel good to have a getaway to someplace magical? it looks like the weather was perfect. that last photo is fantastic, with the sun's sparkle on the water. happy SSS.

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Likewise, here. I do love posting to updates but my time is really tight.

So, I started again and hopefully can cope up the weeks i was absent, §:-)

Cool shot, girl!

Hope you're in the best of everything. Happy SSS & enjoy the summer days.

x0x0,
/chie

Ralph said...

The Bay Bridge is quite immense as it flows across the choppy bay. The shadows weave wonderfully through the upper and lower decks. and the railings on the pier has a web of shadows, too. The brilliance of sea, sun and structure is wonderful!

Arija said...

Absolutely great perspective and shadows in the second shot!

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

You can't beat the beauty of that city and its surroundings!! Lovely, LOVELY photos.

It was nice to visit with you today....If you'd care to drop by and say hi, I'm leaving my Sunday's Link for you---HERE

Have a glorious week ahead.

Joan said...

Love San Francisco! Gorgeous city.

readingsully2 said...

This is a fabulous shot...I love the sun hitting the water just as much as the shadows.

Tracy said...

DAZZLING Bridge views, Juana! So glad you had a chance to get away for a bit--some fun & sun... It does a body & spirit good! We're just back from an overnight weekend near the sea...bliss! Happy New Week, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Sarah said...

Gorgeous shots! Wish I was there this past weekend!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails