Custom Search

Mar 31, 2012

rocks, the VW and a moment

rocks
port townsend beach, washington
Port Townsend beach, Washington
I found these and added a part of a poem I wrote yesterday.

red car
old red car

And here's one from 2010 when I was in Mexico.  I have a thing for old, classic cars:)  Maybe it's the nostalgia or maybe it's the solid features these cars always have.  Whenever I see a classic car or truck, I think of all the stories the car must have.  And then there is the human, the owner.   And I imagine the owner has just as many stories to tell.

Growing up, our family car was a VW bug.  For years that car took us everywhere and then it became the car that my sister and I drove.

My Mom loved that car, and if she could have, she would have kept it as a fixture in the yard.  We sold it to someone who would care for it and rebuild the engine and that VW's life continued.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your pictures today. Classic cars are awesome and a wonderful way to tell a story. This car looks like it's been thru a lot. Oh, the stories it could tell!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Photos are great ~ and love your words ~ Loved my VW in High School ~ later had one that my son got ~ fun car ~ (he didn't think so)

Related Posts with Thumbnails