Custom Search

Aug 7, 2013

surly touring bikes and childhood games

surly long haul trucker
surly long haul trucker touring bike


For a couple of years now, we've been dreaming of touring on a bike and we finally took the leap and purchased our first touring bikes: surly long haul truckers in smoggy pearl with bamboo fenders.

They go back to the bike shop today to have the front and back racks put on. I wanted to take a few rides in the meantime so we brought them home before the racks were in. The bike rides beautifully. There is always a rush of freedom and adventure that I feel when I am on a bicycle.

surly long haul trucker
day one, surly long haul trucker


My first long bike trip was in sixth grade. The class had a bike trip planned from the school to the Nursing home where we sang and visited with the seniors that lived there. The nursing home was less than a mile from the school, but I didn't live near either location. I really wanted to ride my bike with everyone and ride to school. That meant riding the 8 miles from my house to the school. As I'd never done that before, my Mom followed me in her car to make sure I had no problems. All went well and I rode home that day happy and filled with a sense of possibility.

joining childhood games with 52 photos



Just a quick note: my art blog has moved to http://GalleryJuana.com.

4 comments:

Jackie Mc Guinness said...

great photos!

bing said...

it makes me sad each time i see people skillfully ride their bikes. i did not learn how to ride a bike that's why.

they say it is not too late to learn but it is fright that i have to learn to get rid of, i think.

my take for this week's gallery is here --- > http://warmstonesite.com/2013/08/08/childhood-games/

Gotham Girl said...

Love the childhood story! My mom would've done the same!

Tracy said...

surly long haul truckers... You just gotta love name like that! And LOVE the colors, the white-ish gray and mango. Fun to hear the story too... especially the part with your Mom. ;o) Happy trails, Juana... ((HUGS))

Related Posts with Thumbnails